IGEDE AGBA: SOME SPECIAL FACTS ABOUT IGEDE
By Barr. Joshua Alobo
1. They are the beautiful bride of Benue politics. If they cast their votes in your support, you are bound to win, because they usually vote enbloc
2. They are a very honest and hard working people.
3. Igede Ancestor was the 13th son of Oba of Benin then. So royal blood runs in their veins.
4. Igede garri, Igede yams, Igede orange, Igede groundnuts are the best species in Benue.
5. There is no divorce in Igede marriage tradition, especially when the couple already have between themselves. A man cannot divorce his wife except he wants to disown the children born by his wife.
6. If you marry an Igede woman and you don’t observe traditional gun shots, you cannot claim children born by her. Only marriage gunshots legalize the marriage, giving you custody of the children born by the wife.
7. Igede people are a majority in some Local Government councils in Ekiti, Oyo, Cross Rivers, apart from the two in Benue.
8. Igede men and women are highly intelligent, generally humble, extremely loyal and are Godfearing.
9. Igede has more letters of Alphabets than English Alphabets. All original traditional Igede names begin with any of AEIOU.
Igede Agba: SOME SPECIAL FACTS ABOUT IGEDE
10. An Igede man, Dr. Abraham Ajene Okpabi, Och’Idoma 11, was Och’Idoma for 35 years.
Also read: Igede History: How Igede Agba Began in 1957
11. Igede had its indigenous Local Government Council, old Oju LGA, in 1976
12. Igede has a Legend who resisted and fought colonial rule called Ogbiloko.
13. Igede yearly calendar begins from September and ends in August
14. If you marry an Igede woman, you are likely going to born a king.
15. Several powerful and successful Pastors in Nigeria are married to Igede women. Examples abound: Pst. Dr. Paul Enenche, Apostle Suleiman, Pst. Yinka Yusuf, Pst Kefas, Chris Morgan, among others
16. The Gospel Artiste who sang a trending gospel worship hit ‘You Are Great’, Steve Crown is an Igede man.
17. On the last count, Igede is blessed with over a 100 Professors in various fields of study.
18. In not too distant past, an Igede illustrious Son occupies Aso Rock as Permanent Secretary, Aso Rock.
19. More than once, an Igede Professor has been Economic Adviser to Presidents of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
20. An Igede Son was once a Col in American Army.
21. Two distinguished Igede Sons were once Acting Governors in Benue.
22. The first Female Pharmacist in Benue State was an Igede woman
23. The First Radiographer in Northern Nigeria was an Igede Son
NOTE: Please, note that the list is inexhaustible. Kindly add where other Igede Sons and Daughters distinguished or are making a mark in their World.
Now, as an Igede Son or Daughter, you have no reason to feel inferior. We may be a minority in our State or Country, we are never a minority in our minds. We are a special people chosen by God to save Benue in particular, and Nigeria, in general
As you celebrate this year’s Igede Agba, remember the Son and the Daughter of whom you are!
We wish you all happy Igede Agba and bumper harvests ahead.
Source: Barrister Alobo Joshua, Blue App Timeline
For more update, like our Facebook page Igedeonline.com or join our WhatsApp group and be the first to get the gist! Igedeonline.com, your most Reliable Igede Online Portal!
Comments on “Igede Agba: SOME SPECIAL FACTS ABOUT IGEDE”
Wow wow wow
I’m so much glad to know some facts about Igede which I haven’t known before..
May God bless our Land and raise some others people higher and higher in their their various fields of work..
Long live Igede ?? Nation..
Igede ka kilahi ihyoo ?.
Happy New Yam festival to u all..
This is great
what a lovely day with my people,
we are moving forward.
I’m proud to be an Igede person.
This is really great.
However, there’s no Igede calendar indicating days, market days and other important days of celebration and aniversary. My opinion oh